Saturday, March 17, 2012

Tell your Representative: Urge the USDA to keep pink slime out of school lunches

Hey you sign it, it gives you options to click a button and post a pre-formulated message about this to your wall on Facebook or to Twitter. GO US! (Especially students. I mean really I will never buy a hamburger again.)guys, please click on the first link you see (a couple lines down) to read about exactly what this "pink slime" is. I promise you that is SUPER important. People have really just lost their humanity! Feel free to "sign" the petition (after you click the link, you just type your name and where you live as well as your email). After

http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/pink_slime/?rc=fb_share1


This is a real issue in schools today that I think is plain disgusting. Do they think we are lesser beings to be fed this stuff? Well, since it was in all fast food restaurants that even adults eat in I guess not, but still...Please read the folowing update on the above link (yes, I know that it showed the update at the top of the article when you go to the link, but this is the FULL update).





Thanks to public pressure, the USDA announced Thursday that starting next fall, they would allow schools to choose whether or not to include pink slime beef filler in their school lunches.

That's a positive sign that USDA is feeling vulnerable on pink slime, but it's not good enough. Pink slime should be fully eliminated from the National School Lunch Program.

Now is the time to keep the pressure building. Maine Rep. Chellie Pingree has written a letter to USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack and is asking other members of congress to sign on.

I just signed a petition asking my Representative to co-sign Rep. Pingree's letter to USDA. You can learn more (the link takes you to where there's even more info about it) and sign the petition here:http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/pingree_pink_slime/?r_by=36811-5410434-RXxkxrx&rc=confemail



Tweet this petition




Please sign the petition because we are only 50% of the way to the goal of 50,000 signers. It's fast and easy and once you sign once, it saves all your info if you want to sign again. This is a completely separate petition than the one on the previous link at the top, so lease sign both! WE CAN DO THIS!






No comments:

Post a Comment